Unless a crime has been committed or someone is in immediate danger, the police are unlikely to intervene in civil disputes. However, we’ll put you in touch with the groups and organisations who can help. Complete the sentence below to get the advice you need to resolve your dispute as quickly and amicably as possible.

Advice tool

I’m having a dispute with a neighbour about our property boundaries

Unless a crime has been committed, or is in progress, we don’t have the authority to intervene in a boundary dispute.

If you can’t find an amicable solution with your neighbour, we suggest asking the advice of a solicitor to resolve this.

You could also contact your bank, building society, or whoever holds your deeds, to confirm the boundaries.

You may also find these resources useful:

Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)

HM Land Registry

This information is provided courtesy of Ask the Police.